Graduated from the University of Windsor in 1993 and currently managing a technology company based in Chatham; Derek continues to fulfill a lifelong commitment to community by serving on Chatham-Kent Municipal Council after being first elected in 2010.
Education / Experience
- Graduated from the University of Windsor in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology
- Served as a Special Assistant and Legislative Assistant to the Solicitor General of Canada and Chairperson of the Standing Committee of Justice and Legal Affairs.
- Former Vice President of SelectCore Ltd., a leading Canadian provider in retail point of sale activation solutions, specializing in the prepaid financial and telecommunications markets.
- Currently fullfills the role of Chief Business Officer of TransForm, a leading Shared Service Organization in the health care sector
- Board Member Community Living Chatham-Kent
- Member Chatham-Kent Cultural Coalition
- Member Chatham-Kent Accessibility Committee
- Member Active Community Steering Committee
- Past Chair of the Chatham Kent YMCA
- Past Board Member of the Chatham-Kent Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member of the Chatham-Kent United Way
- First elected to Council in 2010
- Chair, Chatham-Kent Audit Committee
- Vice President of a technology company with over $80M in revenue, employing 50 people in Chatham-Kent