Mayor Hope is a very active promoter of Chatham-Kent throughout the region, across Ontario and Canada, and internationally. His focus is the current and future well-being of our community and he is in the forefront of proactive negotiations with investors and manufacturers in North America, Asia and Europe.
- President of Canadian Auto Workers Local 1941 (1985).
- President of the Chatham and District Labour Council (1988).
- Served as Member of Provincial Parliament (1990-1995).
- Vice Chair of the Southwest Economic Alliance (SWEA), a movement in Southwest Ontario to unite business and community leaders in an effort to promote economic growth and prosperity on a regional basis.
- Serves on the CK Police Services Board.
- Sits on the Board of Directors of CK Energy.
- Chair, CK Hydro Board.
- Member of the CK Public Utilities Commission.
- Member of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative.
- Chair of the Chatham-Kent Workforce Planning Board.
- Attends meetings of LUMCO (Large Urban Mayors Caucus of Ontario) and
MARCO (Mayors and Regional Chairs of Ontario).
- First New Democrat from the community to be elected to the Ontario Legislature.
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Community and Social Services.
- Served on the Ontario Speaker Panel for Illiteracy.
- Since the 2006 municipal election, Mayor Hope has worked continually on economic development, job creation and improved municipal operations.