I have worked very hard in my years of public service to always put respect for the Taxpayer foremost. That is my personal accomplishment; all other accomplishments are the result of a team effort between fellow Council members, staff and the citizens of Chatham -Kent.
Education / Experience
- Graduate, John McGregor Secondary School.
- University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Arts (BA) Political Science.
- University of Western Ontario, Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- McGill University, School of Business, Advanced Finance Program.
- Queens University School of Business, Executive Business Admin.
- Kent County School Trustee - 3 years.
- Chatham Alderman - 12 years.
- Chatham-Kent Councillor- 14 years.
- As a volunteer:
- President of the Rotary Club.
- President of the Kent Law Association.
- Library Trustee.
- Heart and Stroke Association Director.
- Cancer Society canvasser.
- Hospital fund raiser.
- Volunteer at Thamesview Lodge.
- Minor hockey and figure skating volunteer.
- Active in church and various other charitable activities.
- In elected capacity:
- School Trustee.
- Chairman of Economic Development.
- Budget Chair.
- Chairman Council in the Whole.
- Police Commission Chairman and service on various other committees and boards.