Newly elected Councillor serving East Kent, Ward 3 for 2014 - 2018. Married to wife Jennifer for 14 years with two sons, Joshua and Benjamin. Resides in Croton, Ontario. David entered Municipal politics to fulfill a lifelong passion for elected responsibility. His goal is to create the same passion among residents for their community and elected officials. He is eager to promote good business decisions and financial prudence.
Council Representative on the following committees:
- Blenheim Landfill Liaison Committee
- Fire Advisory Committee
- Property Standards Committee
- Public Utilities Committee
- Ridge House Museum Advisory Committee
- Graduate of Ursuline College, "The Pines" - June 1989
- King's College, University of Western Ontario - B.A. Hons. Political Science & Economics, 1994
- Advanced Farm Manager Program Certificate - London, Ontario, 2014
- Member, Knights of Columbus Council 8435, Ridgetown
- Parishioner, St. Michael's Catholic Church, Ridgetown & St. Paul's Catholic Church, Thamesville
- Ridgeview Estates Board Member, Ridgetown - 2014 to present
- Board Member, Chatham-Kent Health Alliance, St. Joseph's Community Representative - 2007-2009
- Board Member, Student Representative, Chatham-Kent Crimestoppers - 1987-1989
Employment (Present Day):
- Secretary-Treasurer, Heuvelmans Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac, Blenheim Chevrolet-Buick-GMC & Chatham Nissan.
- Small Business Owner & President, Triumph Plantations Limited (Bothwell), Safe & Sound Self Storage (Bothwell)
Accomplished in office administration and government funding initiatives that have aggressively fostered new growth and innovation in Chatham-Kent's agricultural industry.