First elected to Chatham-Kent Council in 2010. Prior to that, served on the City of Chatham Council from 1982 to 1985. Worked 31 years within the Kent County Board & Lambton Kent District School Board, a director for Ontario Public School Teachers Federation and a Provincial appointee to the Chatham Police Services Board.
- Principals’ Qualifications - UWO (1988-1989).
- M.A. degree - University of Windsor (1985).
- Honours B.A. Degree - University of Windsor (1982).
- B. Ed. Degree - University of Windsor (1976).
- B. A. Degree - University of Windsor (1975).
Community Involvement (past and current)
- Chatham Public Library Board.
- Chatham Police Services Board.
- Chatham-Kent Heritage.
- Chatham-Kent Public Education Student Assistance Foundation.
- Chatham-Kent Board of Health.
- Chatham-Kent Public Utilities Commission.
- Chatham Minor Hockey.
- Chatham Minor Baseball.
- Chatham Girls’ Softball.
- Kent Historical Society.
- Kent County Children’s Aid Society.
- Optimist Club of Chatham (on occasion).
- Kent County Board of Education and Lambton Kent District School Board.
- 12 years as teacher.
- 4 years as Vice-Principal.
- 15 years as Principal.
- Director of the Ontario Public School Teachers’ Federation, Kent Branch.
- Provincial Appointee to the Chatham Police Services Board.
- Chatham Centennial Celebrations (1995).
- Baseball Ontario 79th Annual Convention Committee (1995).
- Authored: RUFUS STEPHENSON-THE WORKING MEMBER FROM KENT.